A revolution in pet communication! “Itch. Scratch.”

Oh you CAN’T miss this new technology. COMPLETELY unsupported by science.

You talk to your Pet …. Now Your pet can talk to you !

You talk to your pet every day …. Now they can talk to you!

Introducing Rover Speaks …. utilizing the Ovilus speech technology and pattern / movement training it’s now possible to hear your pet speak. Chapp Inc, is proud to offer the first generation animal translator ” Rover Speaks” Using the Ovilus speech technology and a motion / capture system the Rover Speaks device provides hours of family entertainment.

Check out the video:

Wait… So the dog only says “Itch” and “Scratch”? How can they understand what the human is saying? How does the translation occur?

Scooby Doo?! Where are you?

Oh, nevermind. I’m sorry, this is totally nonsense. But I thought I’d share because SOMEONE will buy this, I’m sure.

By the way, the Ovilus is a device in which you can supposedly talk to ghosts. You can’t. I’m sad I have to state that outright. Several paranormal investigators use the Ovilus in their investigations. It is marketed as an entertainment device, but as we know with psychics, horoscopes and ghost hunting shows, people take this stuff seriously.

Let me guess. You want a Cookie?

Thanks to Strange Frequencies Radio for this!

Comments are tightly moderated. Please follow the Comment Policy.

8 comments for “A revolution in pet communication! “Itch. Scratch.”

1. October 1, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Apparently it will retail for about $175 but the pre-sale is over. We’ll have to wait for November.

Nah, I already kinda can tell what my dog is saying to me.

FOOD. Scratch my butt. WALK. FOOD. etc.

2. October 1, 2012 at 9:04 PM

But Sharon, it uses ovilus technology…which means that it takes readings from the environment…things like emf and elf readings and assigns them a number which translates to a word…apparently ghosts and dogs can manipulate these frequencies…it’s very scientific.

3. mxyzptlk
    October 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I always figured my beagle talked like Bender from Futurama. Don’t think I’ll drop $175 to find out.

4. Melissa
    October 1, 2012 at 9:24 PM

What would be funny is If this thing actually worked…. And the owners who dress up and treat their dogs like baby humans.. Got the suprise of their life… With a translation of ” I’m a dog stupid…get this tiara off me and these booties ….get me out of this stroller …stop dying my hair and let me run around with the other dogs at the park….!! “

5. October 1, 2012 at 9:51 PM

If only there were a device that allowed me to understand what the people who would buy this are thinking!

The actual Ovilus referred to doesn’t tell the amateur ghost hunting groups what they don’t already know. So when they hear words like, “yes,” “death,” or “scary” being spit out, it doesn’t take long for them to be confused into thinking they’ve made contact with the spirit world. It validates for them what they already believe about the location – this place is haunted, dudes!

Since Rover Speaks claims to use the same technology but answers none of the old questions, it’s safe to say this is more silly nonsense that will unfortunately likely fool someone out there.

Despite this, Chappell will continue to build his reputation as an inventor and as a “scientist” on programs like Ghost Adventures, where Zak Bagans speaks highly of him, uses his products, and even invites him to appear.

• LovleAnjel
      October 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I would love a mix-up, where dogs are saying “death” and “scary” and ghosts are saying “scratch” and “bacon”.

6. Meg
    October 2, 2012 at 6:35 AM

I can’t wait to see this in SkyMall.

7. sailor
    October 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Most pet owners have excellent two way communication with their pets and often know what they have in mind. This is a ridiculous idea, clearly a toy.