Ke$ha’s case of spectrophilia (ghost sex)

Ke$ha Says She Had Sex With A Ghost.

And what do you do when you have sex with a ghost? You write a song about the experience, of course.

At least that’s what the 25-year-old singer told Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS FM radio show, of her new song “Supernatural.”

“It’s about experiences with the supernatural… but in a sexy way,” she told Seacrest. “I had a couple of experiences with the supernatural. I don’t know his name! He was a ghost! I’m very open to it.”

The singer added that her new album “Warrior” is based around the theme of the spiritual quest she embarked on to improve her music.

Tip: Brian Gregory

Believe or not, this is nothing new. See this piece on Paranormal Paramours:

In the community of believers, paranormal sexual encounters are known as “spectrophilia.” Whether it’s invisible kisses and caresses, sex with Satan, phantom fornication, or obscene phone calls from the dead…

The late model Anna Nicole Smith made the same claim, but, granted, didn’t write a song about it. There have been documentaries on television as well so the idea is out there for people to hear about and imagine. A probable cause of these erotic hallucinations may be related to sleep paralysis or just very vivid dreams. No one has been impregnated by an entity, well, except for that one time, so they say…

Scary.

Comments are tightly moderated. Please follow the Comment Policy.

11 comments for “Ke$ha’s case of spectrophilia (ghost sex)

1. September 28, 2012 at 7:47 AM

It says alot about her that she had sex with a ghost even though he didn’t take her out for dinner & a movie first.

2. Dougie
    September 28, 2012 at 8:40 AM

The next story will be about her phantom pregnancy!

3. One Eyed Jack
    September 28, 2012 at 9:16 AM

What a completely ridiculous story. Next thing you know people will be claiming that these ghosts are impregnating women. Before you know it, a whole religion will crop up over some “virgin birth”…

4. September 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM
  5. Melissa
    September 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM

This feels a lot like Ke$ha wanting to up the bar on shocking behaviors to get attention for her new album. Katy perry writes about Russell brand, everybody runs to iTunes …. Huge media attention surrounds Rihanna and her I love him hate him crap with Chris Brown….her single hits number one. Taylor swift writes about every male in hollywood she kissed….boom platinum record…… So lets see if claiming to have sex with ghosts leads to higher album sales…….

6. Stephanie
    September 29, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I wonder what combination of illicit substances she may have consumed before having this experience.

7. Zink
    September 30, 2012 at 4:32 AM

Looking at these comments, I have to ask how this became so judgmental? She’s not a slut, she’s an entertainer! Selling records is her one and only job. Ghosts are hot right now, like it or not.

• Rich
      September 30, 2012 at 6:26 AM

I don’t think the comments are particularly ‘judgmental.’ They’re opinions, certainly, and I think if someone’s going to make a claim as ludicrous as Keisha’s – for whatever reason, be it commercial or cuckoos in the attic, so to speak – then people are entitled to express a certain amount of…um… scepticism, let’s say.

• Rich
        September 30, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Spelled Kesha wrongly, sorry. I was so pig-headedly determined to omit the $ that I added other letters instead.

• snoma
      September 30, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I thought it was Hansel who was so hot right now?

8. LovleAnjel
    October 1, 2012 at 4:41 PM

This is a woman who tweeted a picture of herself urinating in the street. I am not surprised.