Fakety fake dragon photo going round the ‘net

How To Cleave Your Dragon.

Two photos of a Chinese man holding and then gutting what appears to be a small dragon has surfaced on the internet.

Not much information is offered on the story behind the photos and no one seems to know who the young man is or how he acquired the mythical serpent.

Tip: Anonymous story submitter

You gotta love their reasons for not calling it a fake: that’s how you’d react to catching an unknown species; the Chinese people don’t have the skills make a realistic dragon model; the dog is playing with the dragon’s tail so it can’t be photoshopped.

I have my own reasons to why it is a fake. Now I don’t think this photoshopped, but a model.

1) No blood or guts anywhere.
2) I’m pretty certain Chinese are fully capable of making fine dragon models.
3) The dog is playing with the tail of a dragon model is not that weird.
4) It looks rubbery, not like a dead body of a reptile-ish animal.

If it IS photoshopped, it could be an actual snake with draconic enhancements. But, frankly, WHY is he doing this one handed. Hasn’t he seen the alien autopsy?

Comments are tightly moderated. Please follow the Comment Policy.

8 comments for “Fakety fake dragon photo going round the ‘net

1. Andrew S.
    September 12, 2012 at 4:36 AM

You do realize that the site containing the article you referenced is pretty much the “Doubtful News” version for stories out of Asia, don’t you :)

You are essentially mocking a website article that itself is a mockery of another article!

Love this site though! I’m an avid reader!

• mxyzptlk
      September 12, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Except, y’know, they claim “we here at RocketNews24 have found compelling evidence that it is indeed the real deal” because the puppy’s playing with the tail and they doubt someone could actually create it as a model.

Or do you mean it’s more like The Onion?

• Andrew S.
        September 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM

“We here at RocketNews24 have found compelling evidence that it is indeed the real deal.” That’s part of their sarcasm :)

I wouldn’t compare Rocket24 to The Onion at all. The Onion makes up funny news stories whereas Rocket24 finds real articles/blog posts and lampoons them.

I think my original comparison is still accurate. They’re a more sarcastic version of Doubtful News, but focus only on stories originating in Asia.

• snoma
          September 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I can see your point. It could very well have been a sarcastic post from RocketNews 24.

Sometimes irony and sarcasm are hard to catch in a strictly written format.

2. Verklagekasper
    September 12, 2012 at 5:01 AM

So a chinese man encounters a rare species, and the first thing that comes to his mind is to extinct it. In that regard, the photos are oddly realistic.

3. September 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I find their first reason very compelling – I kill & gut up to three new species a week, saves on the food bill.

4. September 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

This should become a meme among skeptics – take a photo of yourself:
    – gutting a dragon
    – giving Bigfoot one of those embarrassing lion haircuts (http://www.buzzfeed.com/melismashable/50-cats-with-lion-haircuts)
    – putting a “KICK ME” sign on Mothman’s back
    – messing with chupacabra by putting peanut butter on the roof of his mouth.
    – training the Jersey Devil in dressage.
    – etc.

5. LREKing
    September 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I suppose the puppy is next?

=sniff=