Pastor Paul says Satan has manifested his presence in this video

Pastor Paul’s video shows an unusual event.

From Pastor Paul Begley of Indiana rebukes the Devil for changing the “Word of God” and at the end of the video the “Crucifix” comes flying off the wall. Pastor Begley is stunned, but he has seen Satan manifest his presence before, just never live on Begley’s you tube video’s.

Pastor Paul’s YouTube Channel

The crucifix tumbles off the cabinet and onto Pastor Begleys desk at about the 6:20 mark…

Credit: Casey Pearson on Monster Talk Facebook page

The most obvious potential explanations here are:

1. Gravity. The crucifix was supported by a very small base on an unstable surface and perhaps a small vibration (of wall or glass case) or wind shift caused it to fall. Commentator Bob Blaskiewicz notes that the angle of the shot makes it look like the crucifix is more stable than it is. And Pastor Paul was quite “animated a few seconds before it tipped”.

2. Hoax. There was a string attached and this was orchestrated.

3. Supernatural Activity. Demons? Well, gee that was the best they can do? If it had hit him or defied natural law, I might be more impressed.

Regardless of the cause, this is getting attentions. I’m unimpressed but for believers, this is more evidence of their supernatural worldview.

52 comments for “Pastor Paul says Satan has manifested his presence in this video

1. Daran
    February 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM

definately strange, Loook closely again, it was leaning back against the wall on the cabinet and then had to lean forward to tip off.
    Why was he shocked? should have been angry

• Cece
      February 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM

You can’t go by that because he could be acting. I agree with the previous poster that it is fishy that it suddenly was no longer on the wall. That is more convincing of a hoax than anything else that has been said.

2. Massachusetts
    February 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Regarding the hoax possibility, it’s interesting that he raised the bible to obscure most of the image just a moment before the crucifix toppled over. Is that relevant? I don’t know. Dramatically speaking it seemed perfectly timed and orchestrated.

Regarding accidental vibrations (or semi-accidental perhaps) he was slamming and moving things a bit towards the end of the video. Could that have been enough to shake the crucifix a little bit and make it come down? Maybe.

But Daran does have a point that it topples over from the top, leaning forward before falling. If it was perched at the angle it appears to be perched at, you would expect the base to slide outward causing the crucifix to fall flat on it’s “back” so to speak. Of course, perhaps the apparent angle is a bit of an optical illusion as pointed out previously.

3. Massachusetts
    February 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM

On point three though, if it had defied natural law I respectfully suggest that you would have simply declared it a hoax. Am I wrong?

• Daran
      February 4, 2012 at 3:34 PM

watch again, nothing is obscured except the cabinet, the crucifix is in plain sight.
      Did you notice the light around the crucifix changes and the way the crucifix moves is as if a hand grabs it.
      If that Pastor set that up he should be in Hollywood showing them how to do it cheaply, but somehow, I don`t think he did.

• Daran
        February 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Hmm, just noticed that the crucifix doesn`t just topple forward, it actually slams down forward onto the cabinet before falling off.
        I find the strangest thing is that Pastor Paul looks at the camera after the crucifix.
        I would have looked at the top of the cabinet to see what knocked it off.
        I am very suspicious of rats and mice sneaking in, they are worse than the devil, the disease ridden little critters

• idoubtit
          February 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM

The front of the crucifix is heavy, it is a piece of wood with the Jesus part being made of metal or plastic, I would assume. IF the crucifix was upright and there was a bit of shaking of the base, it could easily fall forward from gravity.

4. February 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Pastor Bob? :)

5. Massachusetts
    February 5, 2012 at 1:13 AM

The way he looks at the camera, almost saying “wink wink nudge nudge isn’t that special” in one odd glance–very strange, and exactly at the end of the diatribe. Wouldn’t someone, especially a man of God, pick up the crucifix, and/or look up where it fell off and try to see why it fell. Instead he turns to the camera, reaches up as if he’s going to turn the camera off or something, and pauses with that pregnant look.

• February 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Yeah, while that might be just an instant improv action, that is exactly how I took it. I don’t pretend to say I see or don’t see anything involving a hoax with the cross above the cabinet. But the subsequent reaction? Feels extremely staged. I could be wrong.

6. Massachusetts
    February 5, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I did look again. He does raise the bible up, obscuring a lot of the image, and a portion of the crucifix (the bottom portion) for a moment. Then he puts it down and then a moment later the crucifix falls. For the sake of argument let’s assume it’s a hoax. In that case, I would like a magician to take a look at this clip because I strongly suspect it’s a distraction technique to take your attention away from, if not out right block, something that’s needed to pull off the hoax. The timing seems strange to me. Am I alone in that?

As for critters vs. Satan: I don’t know, I would take a frisky mischievous mouse over an unseen demonic entity capable of violent physical action any day of the week. :)

• Daran
      February 5, 2012 at 4:50 AM

Massachusetts, did you notice the way the light changes around the crucifix

7. Jeffrey D Johnson
    February 5, 2012 at 9:37 AM

It’s funny that if you go through his other videos, the crucifix is hanging on the wall behind him until the video in question, when it’s suddenly up on the shelf. Maybe the devil is, in fact, real, actually threatened by obnoxious men on YouTube, but is completely incapable of anything beyond tipping an obviously top-heavy object over and he was waiting for Pastor Begley’s decorative sense to give him his chance.

• idoubtit
      February 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Maybe it kept falling of the wall. ;)

• February 5, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Really? Ok, that is depressing.

• Cece
        February 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM

It is fishy.

• linda
      February 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I looked at all of his previous videos. The crucifix is nowhere to be seen in any of them prior to the day he posted this. What really surprises me is that usually only Catholics have crucifixes in their home, office and churches. Why did the good pastor decide to get one? I am not saying Protestants can’t have a crucifix, it just is not very common. He pauses quite a bit as though waiting for it to fall. I pray Pastor Begley does not feel that he has to fake something like this to get people’s attention…there is enough going on in the world to prove his point!

8. Fastmover01
    February 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

There is some sort of movement of the coffee cup right before the cross topples over. At first I thought it was a frame jump or an edit but watch the coffee cup handle on the cabinet and its shadow. Something is fishy. Possibly hiding a mechanism or trigger?

9. February 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Maybe God was throwing it at him? Or Jesus was trying to speed up his death?

Bob

10. thomas
    February 5, 2012 at 3:45 PM

protestants change the bible to fit their own agenda so the whole video is confusing to me …not vibration as the left side of the Crucifix moves first off wall also what page did he open the Bible to????

• idoubtit
      February 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Why in the world would that matter?

• Massachusetts
        February 5, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I suppose if you support a supernatural explanation than presumably a page offensive to demonic spirits would incite an incident, but that would just be conjecture (very much on my part but also on his, I would say). Maybe that’s what he means.

I don’t understand the comment about vibration. Maybe he’s saying that because one side moves first that rules out an ordinary real-world vibration causing the crucifix to fall. But I don’t see why that would matter.

• Massachusetts
          February 5, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Or perhaps because it moves to the left, and left is the sinister direction, that implies an evil agent, i.e., demonic?

11. Cece
    February 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I have that same Crucifix. Probably got it at the same store. In any case, it was leaning backward. If it wasn’t intentionally tampered with, it was supernaturally moved. Typically, those things tend to fall to the side, not forward. A string would have been noticeable. It seemed to be pushed from the top.

Those types of things happen all the time. The fact that these people are putting so much trouble into denying it is what edifies and confirms me in my faith more than the Crucifix’s movements ever would.

• idoubtit
      February 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

No, you really can’t confirm it was leaning backwards. Nor can you tell it wasn’t pulled. Nor can you tell the foundation wasn’t moved. All more plausible explanations than it was demonic (or supernatural of some sort).

• Daran
        February 6, 2012 at 5:41 AM

@idoubtit: surely you can see that it was leaning against the corner and a fair bit too.
        How it came smashing forward like it did with a fair thump I can`t tell.
        I do know that devil or trickery, the fact is that it thumped down.
        If it was the devil, so what? All that could be seen is the cross moving, nothing to be scared of there.

• Massachusetts
          February 6, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I’m not an official part of the site, but in my opinion, this site is dedicated to critical thinking, and exposing examples where critical thinking fails (and hoaxes and misinformation rein supreme). Attributing a video like this to paranormal forces without extensive research and testing would not be critical thinking as many of us understand that term. The paranormal may exist, but a lot of people who visit this site would say that it hasn’t been proven to exist, yet millions believe uncritically that it does. Such beliefs can affect peoples lives, not always in positive ways (fear of the Devil and such has lead to countless deaths, during the witch trail era for example, throughout history.

• Massachusetts
            February 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Also, for the sake of argument, if a super natural force can topple over an object, why not pop a blood vessel in your brain? If there is a Devil and he can do that, I would be scared. :)

• Cece
            February 7, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Physical harm is typically not permitted by God. Otherwise, we’d all be toast. As it is, Hairy Legs is pretty much relegated to influencing ppl to do nasty mean things to each other, and throwing Crucifixes against the wall. IMO, he does quite a bit with what license he’s been given. Like I said, ppl’s attitudes confirm the devil more than anything else in the world.

• Cece
        February 7, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Apparently, you don’t come across too many Crucifixes. It was placed leaning back in order to stand it up, and should have fallen sideways when disturbed. Not saying it wasn’t deliberately disturbed or what have you. Only, look up on you tube. There are videos of objects being thrown across the room, and it is no trick. It does happen. And, it happens more than you would care to think or admit.

• RL
        November 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

This is what Pastor Paul Begley is doing!!! BEWARE! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vAqpkShQVY

12. Massachusetts
    February 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM

@Cece: you certainly have the right to your faith and I don’t deny you that. However, I don’t find your comments to be very logical in this case. I don’t see how a debate about how the Crucifix might have been tampered with negates that explanation and confirms a supernatural one. It’s very reasonable to discuss possible tampering, since there are only three possibilities (accident, hoax or supernatural intervention) and the way the crucifix fell forward seems to make an accident less likely, though not impossible.

I’ve discussed this with someone who knows about special effects, having worked in the field, and he says there are many ways to rig a situation like this to produce the apparent effect with relative ease. For example, using monofilament and a mouse trap in just the right way.

13. Mary Ann Nace
    February 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I’m not sure what knocked the crucifix down off the cabinet but I think the flushed look on his face testifies to him being a bit shocked and upset. You don’t fake a blush.

14. joe
    February 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I’m not a sceptic, i’m a believer, but this is a hoax, perhaps a well intentioned one for the sake of making the video go viral and get a much needed message spread more widely…if you carefully watch the reflection under the crucifix you’ll notice that an image other than the pastor’s show’s up just before the crucifix moves and if you look closely at the pastor at this same point he obviously is looking in that direction with his peripheral vision as if expecting something to happen to his right and if it was real i would have expected a much greater reaction from him and also it looks more like the crucifix was yanked by fishing line then dragged off the top.

15. Michael
    February 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM

As far as I am concerned the scenario is Lose-Lose.

If he didn’t fake this then he is exhibiting lubricious behavior.

If this man of God reads the bible he knows it is completely absurd to dare the devil much less double dog dare. That is absurdity. God is very clear as we should only look to the light and give no power to the dark one.

To tempt one is to tease them into our plane. The Devil is real and the last thing anyone, MUCH LESS A CHILD, should do is to tempt him into our lives.

Please say a prayer for this man and the children he is teaching so they follow the path God wishes them to follow.

God Bless

16. I believe
    February 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Pastor Paul: Please refrain of pushing the King James bible. It is as you say from the 1600. Push the Douay Rheims Bible as that is Complete with the 6 books included from about 400. You proclaim the bible is the word of God. Are you above God to leave 6 books out? Protestants(The name says it all)are not Christians as they left the Church founded by Christ! Always ask your self ” who founded my Church??.The only way to achieve Salvation is to follow Christ the way He intended it to be.

• February 6, 2012 at 9:49 PM

So all Protestants are going to hell? Holy cow, I knew it! Someone owes me fifty bucks.

Forgive me, but your post seemed just a tad “off”.

• Lorrraine
        February 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM

No not hell.as you believe that JESUS is the SON of GOD.But because you do not receive the consecrated BODY AND Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ,then you can not enter Heaven until you have atoned for this sin.search near death purgatory experiences ,some pastors have experienced it too.Your Man made religion tells you its Heaven or Hell. God for bid such ,as nothing unclean can enter Heaven-that is in thought,word and deed,Yet you believe in Jesus Christ the Son of GOD.we are all sinners to some degree that does not mean we are lost for all eternity.The Catholic saints were given to us to show us we can all achieve Holyness.Satan can quote scripture and leave the real Truth out.Brother wake up to your false doctrine.

• February 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM

So, how long have you been promoting atheism?

• Lorraine
            February 10, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Sounds like the devil has a firm hold on you.Take a look at your pastor screaming and shouting at same time proclaiming God? The Spirit of anger is not of God. You are ignorant and lost.

• Daran
            February 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Lorraine, please, anger is an emotiom of God, us humans, animals, it isn`t a demonic spirit.

17. February 6, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Hmmm.

Hoax or not, the good pastor’s reaction to the falling crucifix does seem a little too theatrical, even with the apparent flushed look, which can be faked by any skilled performer.

His reaction just doesn’t seem genuine considering what he is implied to be responding to…a bit overdone.

18. spookyparadigm
    February 7, 2012 at 3:09 PM

So, have any of you visited his website?

Um, yeah, apparently the Virginia earthquakes last year. And bird deaths. And a Texas Lake. And anything else in the news. All signs of the apocalypse.

19. Lorrraine
    February 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Did the pastor always have the Crucifix there?if so why is it not on the other videos? I hope the pastor has not ran scared of Satan,and all Christians realise the devil cant stand the crucified Jesus,Our Lord has said in GOSPEL THAT IN THE END THERE WILL BE ONE SHEPARD WITH ONE FLOCK.In Truth most king James followers do not use the Catholic Cross ,but a plain cross that the demons use in satanic worship.Pastor was getting to close to the truth displaying the real Cross.Lucifer snarled.Why are Lutherans,baptists,protestants only around a few hundred year.Yet the true Church established since the time of Christ.

20. Joe
    February 7, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I hate to break it to you folks, but I had a crucifix fly off the top of a tv once and hit the ceiling and slam into the floor. And I mean slam. Yes these things happen!

• Fastmover01
      February 8, 2012 at 12:14 PM

So ,because it allegedly happened to you, it automatically validates this and all other claims of “supernatural crucifixes?” Sorry I will stick with my skepticism and logic thank you.

• Daran
        February 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Fastmover, it looks like in your case skepticism means refuse to believe anything, and your logic is outdated.
        Quantam physicists have discovered that particles can be in 2 places at once.
        Also, the speed of light is slowing down!
        There is no “logic” to our reality

• Fastmover01
          February 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM

First and foremost don’t attempt to “educate” me about Quantam Physics by holding out one discovery until QP can be reconciled along with everything else into a unified theory. Cherry-picking physics discoveries to back up a “supernatural” claim is disingenuous and bad science. As my repsonse to Joe was apparently misinterpreted, I will break it down for you. Something along the lines of Occam’s Razor shall do. I do believe there are things that cannot be explained , i.e. the paranormal. However your assertion that because I look at things outside of the “supernatural” (learn the difference by the way between para and super)for an explanation is laughable. Don’t pretend to know me, my thoughts or beliefs based on one post.

• Daran
            February 10, 2012 at 4:50 PM

There never will be a unified theory, the human mind is too small to comprehend the workings of our reality.
            Cherry picking? A single discovery is very important.
            If it invalidates a whole theory, so be it.
            You cannot just call it an anomaly and disregard it as so many do.
            Also, to disregard evidence because it isn`t “peer reviewed” is bad science.
            You say you believe that there are things that cannot be explained, ok, but why in this instance did you just dismiss it without investigation?
            I suggest contacting the man (Pastor Paul) and having a chat, sound him out on the phone, you will know then if he set it up or he truly had no idea it was going to happen.
            That isn`t to say someone else didn`t set it up without his knowledge.

• Daran
            February 10, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I have to say one more thing about anomalous evidence; if a single hair from your body is found at a murder scene, your gone sunshine.
            You cannot flip it off as an anomaly.
            The same should apply in Paleontology, Archeology, and Geology

21. Massachusetts
    February 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM

@Daran: the lighting seems to fluctuate quite a bit throughout the whole video around the area of the crucifix, I’d say. I don’t see it significantly different just before or during the fall of the crucifix. Yes, it’s fluctuating, but the same way it’s been fluctuating throughout the video.

• Daran
      February 10, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Yes you are right, I hadn`t watched the whole video before you mentioned that, and after watching it, I see he was animated right from the beginning and also holdining up the bible right from the beginning as well so those 2 arguments are out the window.