New Bigfoot trackway discovered in Oregon (Updated)

Guy Edwards from Bigfoot Lunch Club reports on an extensive new set of suspected (well, assumed) Bigfoot tracks found in Oregon earlier this month.

Over 120 Sequential Sasquatch Prints Found South of Eugene

A man named Max discovers the tracks and contacts Toby Johnson, Sasquatch investigator

…over 120 footprint tracks were found in a clay-mixed substrate that was a perfect material to capture and record footprints. We believe the tracks were made as recently as Saturday February 11th, although the first few prints were not discovered until Sunday the 12th.

(THURS Feb 15th 3pm-ish) Toby calls Cliff Barackman, co-host of Finding Bigfoot and a self-described “track/cast-nerd”. Cliff drives 2 hours to investigate the scene.

(FRI Feb 16th 6pm) I am able to get a ride with Thom Powell, we meet Beth Heikkenin and Toby Johsnson and see the tracks ourselves.

(SAT Feb 17th 6am) Our original count was around 118 sequential prints. Cliff Barackman was able to count 122, we will confirm if his count are the sequential set or total prints in the area.

Source: Bigfoot Lunch Club

Credit: Bigfoot Lunch Club/Toby Johnson

Interesting. I’m sure more will be forthcoming on this as examination continues.

UPDATE (26-Feb-2012) Cliff Barackman calls this the most significant footprint find in 40 years. Dr. Meldrum is involved. Visit this link to see more pictures of the prints.

Comments are tightly moderated. Please follow the Comment Policy.

17 comments for “New Bigfoot trackway discovered in Oregon (Updated)

1. F89
    February 22, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Ok: To the Bigfoot proponents, I know this looks good: and right now, it seems promising to me. BUT unfortunately for the proponents, every time evidence this “good” comes to light, we end up finding out that it is an elaborate hoax.

• Daran
      February 23, 2012 at 1:58 AM

why just one tiny little photo?

2. Gary B
    February 23, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Why is it so clearly dilineated and yet flat as a pancake? Where is the famous “mid-tarsal break”? The current uptick in bigfoot interest, probably due, in part, to the Finding Bigfoot tv show seems to be finding more willing hoaxers but the same number of bigfoots.

• Scott Godlewski
      February 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM

It does look like a flat foot cutout was pressed into the mud. I’m no expert, but I’ve seen enough footprints to know that that’s not made by a striding step.

• F89
      February 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Gary-thanks: I wondered about that too, but I wasn’t quite sure what was wrong with it, beside the lack of irreglarity.
      other questions:
      1. I agree withDaran-why just one photo, and none of the “treail”
      2. There is a trail-any pictures of broken/damaged plants?
      3. If it leaves a trail, it can be followed, and if it can be followed, couldn’t you find more evidence? Aplace where it sat/paused? and een more important-it’s a wild creature, so wouldn’t you also find fecal matter?

• February 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Apparently Cliff Barackman rallied the troops to come out and cast the tracks and look around. I expect more to come from this. A lot more.

• February 23, 2012 at 12:55 PM

They do look very ‘neat’ to be in such muck.

• Daran
        February 24, 2012 at 4:45 AM

:) Bigfoot is something you want to believe in.

3. February 23, 2012 at 10:11 AM

What, Ketchum wasn’t informed? Well, this is just a travesty.

I can’t wait to see their “scientific” assessment.

4. Massachusetts
    February 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Cliff Barackman is one of the more likable Bigfoot true believers. Don’t you agree?

• February 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Eh, he “believes”. He is not annoying, if that’s what you mean.

• Massachusetts
        February 27, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Yes, he’s definitely not annoying. He’s well spoken, and polite. Whether or not I agree with him on his beliefs, I think I could have a reasonable conversation with him and perhaps agree to disagree at the end. I don’t necessarily feel that way about, say, Matt Moneymaker, at least as he’s portrayed on finding bigfoot.

5. Gary B
    February 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I think if you told Cliff Barackman that a bigfoot was having lunch at the McDonald’s across the street he would go look around inside. I think many of those who make money from bigfoot are simply opportunists but Cliff seems to be both opportunistic and a complete believer.

6. February 26, 2012 at 7:25 PM

A rigid prosthetic on the foot tends to cause a certain degree of “digging in” with the toes. Some of the photos in this trackway exhibit this feature. I’m not seeing anything in the photos that suggests these were beyond human fabrication. They all appear to have been made in a wet, compliant substrate.

Additional information and photos on this phenomenon are found here:

7. F89
    February 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Intresting additional pics-now did any of the investigators follow the trail?, And why am I afraid that the casts will somehow “disappear”?

8. Jim
    February 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Hoax

9. Gary B
    March 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM

There is a follow up video about these tracks posted on Bigfoot Evidence. Curiously, it begins with filming in the dark and an examination of the tracks by flashlight. We are then treated to daylight shots of part of the trackway and footprints filled with plaster. I’m beginning to think that Cliff Barrackman is not a clueless believer afterall just simply another hoaxer in a long line of hoaxers.