Psychic enters missing child case in Arizona

Psychic weighs in on case of missing Ariz. girl

A psychic who is part of a group created by a former DEA agent to help find missing people says he believes a missing Glendale, Ariz., girl is alive and has been abducted, KPHO television station reports.

“I believe she was abducted. I do believe, at this point, she is currently still alive,” Campbell tells KPHO of the girl whose mother says she discovered her missing from the family’s apartment when she returned from errands.

Campbell says he believes Jhessye was taken by a stranger and is being held in a small apartment in Phoenix. The little girl has been missing since Oct. 11.

Credit_ @Blue_Wode (On Twitter)

Another psychic enters a missing child case in an attempt to help/solve the case. Notice how the psychic comes with broad generaliztions and that he believes, he doesn’t know, which is sort of how the whole psychic thing works.

Psychics never actually lead the police to the missing person and/or the culprit. They often use the generalizations to claim they made the right call after the case has been solved. Not very helpful.

7 comments for “Psychic enters missing child case in Arizona

1. Memo
    November 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM

They are very helpful! If the kidnapper is one of the 41% of Americans who believes ESP is real then the thinking is either they will let the girl go or if the worst has already happened become much more unsettled and likely to make mistakes.

2. madurobob
    November 2, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Thats your defense of psychics? Seriously? That because there is some chance the fool perp believes in psychics he/she will get nervous and make mistakes?

So, you’re assuming the psychic is right? What if the psychic is completely wrong, the girl is dead and a close relative did it. How does that close relative who believes in psychics now feel about the chances of getting away with it? Must be the perfect crime if even the psychic can’t come close to identifying what happened.

I’d be more concerned with distracting the *real* investigation with this psychic claptrap and with the true impact of the psychic. Such psychics see these sorts of cases as nothing more than a means of free advertising; callously hawking their wares on the backs of bereaved families. Trying to make a name for themselves and make a quick buck off someone else’s grief. Nice.

• Memo
      November 2, 2011 at 6:20 PM

No, that was my defence of law enforcement. If I was a believer in the paranormal what would I be doing on a blog for sceptics?

I know it isn’t a new tactic and they don’t base their investigation around it. I’m no expert in solving crimes (and forgive me for being presumptuous but I’d hazard a guess you aren’t either) although people who are seem to think this approach can have merit.

For me, there being a missing girl involved, what the psychic gets out of the deal is inconsequential and completely unimportant.

• snoma
        November 3, 2011 at 4:20 AM

Actually, in most cases when psychics are brought in on cases such as this, it’s not because of the law enforcers but the family themselves who hires these people because they believe.

3. madurobob
    November 2, 2011 at 8:50 PM

I hear you. Still, the idea of that sort of psy-ops by law enforcement makes me nervous and I very much doubt its efficacy. It adds noise to the system with no real benefit.and some very real possible detriment (misplaced resources by law enforcement, misdirected focus of the public who may have useful information, false hope to grieving relatives, etc…)

4. TheBeliever
    November 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM

A resource that should be brought in is scent specific trailing dogs – dogs that are specially trained to do this work. The time that has passed is not to ‘aged’ as these dogs can do ‘live scent’ trailing even after months have passed; and the contamination due to all of the people that are around the search area, will also not be a problem. These dogs work urban (city) trails very easily. They also have had great success trailing a person who has gotten into a vehicle.

My bet is that given the work that the dogs do – this will help the Psychic even more with their work. Google “scent specific K9″ and get this info. to the family so they can make contact – they will then work with the officials to help find little Jhesseye and solve the crime of who would take this precious little girl.

• idoubtit
      November 3, 2011 at 10:50 AM

If she is put into a car and driven away, can dogs really help? How does that work?