Dr. Jeff Meldrum, professor of anatomy and anthropologist at Idaho State University, has spoken out about his recent excursion to Siberia to examine the existence of the Russian Yeti. Dr. Meldrum was a featured speaker at the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Conference in Youngwood, PA on Sunday, October 23. His conclusion: the yeti evidence was poor and he and other researchers were brought to Russia to add credibility to the local claim that yetis live in the area.

His presentation, entitled “The Russian Connection”, was not the listed topic on the schedule. He noted that he changed his topic upon advice from the conference organizers after the media storm that ensued regarding the announcement that “scientists were 95% convinced” that the Russian Yeti exists. Along with American scientist John Bindernagle, and researcher Ron Morehead, Meldrum was part of the team invited to Kemerovo region of Siberia to discuss the formation of a scientific commission to study the yeti. Led to believe there was significant scientific interest by the academic institutions in the area, Meldrum expressed his dismay when the press coverage was greater than the public and academic interactions.

In his talk, Meldrum described the players involved in the conference that began in Moscow and ended in Kemerovo. Specifically, he named Igor Burtsev, director of the International Centre of Hominology in Tashtagol, Kemerovo region. Burtsev already holds the belief that yetis exist in the area and are a Neanderthal relic population.

Meldrum showed photographs and described how the local Russian contingent greeted and treated the invitees with much pomp and ceremony but little scientific protocol.

As in scientific conferences, the attendees were taken on a field trip to a cave in the municipality of Tashtagol. Meldrum said he began to get concerned about the event when twisted and broken trees were rather conveniently located near the sites they visited. Reservations about what he had gotten himself into grew when he noticed saw cuts in the trees. The guides pointed to every bent and broken tree as marks of the yeti. From what Meldrum observed, the cave was not remote but apparently visited rather frequently with the trail maintained by the local municipality. The group was told the cave was a probable yeti habitation. Inside the cave, Meldrum notes that “right on cue”, isolated footprints and a “nest” were pointed out by their hosts.

Meldrum’s impression was that the “evidence” looked more like a staged event. Only right foot impressions were found, not a trackway as would be expected. His remark about the creature “playing hopscotch?” made it into the local press reports. The print had uncharacteristic pressure ridges that Meldrum described as consistent with that made from a rigid wooden imprint.

When a comment was made that the “nest” hardly looked used, Burtsev jumped into it himself for a photo opportunity, oblivious of any potential evidence that might have been there. A hair sample was collected in the cave but not from the nest.

In addition, Meldrum was put off by a Michigan woman, Robin Lynn Pfeifer, who claims that a family of Bigfoot was living on her 10 acre farm. He described how she, as a guest invited by Burtsev who believes her story, intruded into the scientific discussion. Meldrum admitted to confronting her over her lack of evidence for her outrageous story (which included her noting the creatures’ favorite food was blueberry bagels). Morehead was blunt, telling her that her kids were obviously playing a trick on her. Yet, disturbingly, Burtsev takes her account as typical in the U.S. and believes this kind of habituation was commonplace all over Russia as well!

During the trip, as a joke, Meldrum dropped a chocolate almond snack on the ground, pretending it was scat. Bindernagle, in on the joke, took a taste just to “be sure” of what it was. Ironically, Igor Burtsev knew it was a American food product and didn’t fall for the joke. One wonders why is he so uncritical of the Pfeifer story?

Therefore, the Russian Yeti spectacle was a planned, rehearsed event to promote tourism in the Kemerovo area. (See Come for the Yeti, stay for the skiing) Meldrum and other American scientists were burned by the promise of legitimate scientific evidence from a very non-scientific source. The Russian event is another notch of silliness in the Bigfoot story that ultimately erodes credibility in the subject and cryptozoology in general.

While trying to stay positive about the potential existence of large unknown hominids, Dr. Meldrum’s underlying message to the audience (of non-scientists) was his disgust over “amateurs” with no training in biology, natural history and evidence collection who were seen as experts represented the “scientific” side. It was obvious he was annoyed by this state of cryptozoology, echoing sentiment by a famous predecessor, the late Dr. Grover Krantz.

Update: this story from Wall Street Journal provides some additional viewpoints. I contacted the reporter to alert him that Meldrum was speaking out.

Update: Meldrum in the HuffPo corroborates what I said in this post.

NOTICE: This article is copyrighted. You may not reproduce on another site, except in summary or in part with attribution, without permission from Sharon Hill.

50 comments for “American Bigfoot scientists and researchers felt hoodwinked by Russian Yeti event

1. madurobob
    October 24, 2011 at 12:36 PM

“His conclusion: the yeti evidence was poor and he and other researchers were brought to Russia to add credibility to the local claim that yetis live in the area.”

Huh, I guess you’d have to be psychic or something to see that one coming.

2. October 24, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Dr. Meldrum is a smart man, and to think you can actually fool a scientific minded person like him is delusional. He’s seen has share of “false” footprints and he’s not about to be fooled by circus clowns in Siberia.

• idoubtit
      October 24, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I thought the same. They severely underestimated him. This also supports his point about amateurs. They can be lame.

• Jamesrav
        October 27, 2011 at 2:01 AM

I’d say he seriously overestimated them. Did he really expect this would be a legitimate scientific ‘conference’ ? Did he not know the background of the other participants beforehand ? Even some of the Russian ‘experts’ are a bit wacky, at least one believing these creatures are paranormal beings. Anyone who has watched the James Randi documentary on Russia and psychic phenomena could have foreseen what went on.

3. October 24, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Diplomacy’s naturally vital in contexts such as this one.

4. October 24, 2011 at 2:59 PM

People from this cadre had been talking about contactee/habituation cases for some time (cryptomundo had piece on the hominologists some weeks ago, and it was chock full of that stuff). If that was on the table when he signed up to go to the conference/whatever, I have very little sympathy.

5. Daniel SEars
    October 24, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Well,we got them here in North Texas and SE Oklahoma(Bigfoots). A heck of a lot closer than Siberia.I have seen it myself.If the good professor would stop by,he would get a glimpse of what he is looking for.

6. October 25, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Dr Meldrum is an haughty academician feigning a bigfoot researcher, at the same time he is bf debunker. And as anthropologist he does not value any, as he could not see the real footprint even with dermal ridges on it. And he was invited to the conference by me personally, not by local authorities whhich don”t know him eather.
    As to the arch structures he does not have a good understanding in them bcs he is a chair scientist not aware of field work
    Igor Burtsev, Russian hominologist, organiser of the Conference

7. robin lynne
    October 25, 2011 at 6:58 PM

I think it is very sad that a member of the scientific community can act so childish on any website. Dr. Meldrum has never been to my home or has ne known me before the conference. I have had other researchers to my home to wittness these creatures and events . I’m not alone in my findings. Any true professional would have talked to me about my situation and checked with the other reasearchers for their opinion. As far as the findings. While Dr. Meldrum is entitled to his opinion I will disagree as I was also there to witness these things. There was no doubt in my mind or many many other people and professonals that the yeti is real and living in the cave/ area. I know that professionall Dr meldrum has much experience but until he has put in the 46 yrs that Dr. Burstev has I am inclinded to disagree with him.
    As far as his remarks about the conference and Dr Igor Burtsev I will say this…..
    The conference was an amazing experience and the guests were treated remarkably as well as handled in a very professinal manner. ( just because Dr? Meldrum did not like what was said or that I was there doesn’t mean he can exibit bad behavior). All opinions were discussed equally and considered. The people invited where wonderful as well as the people handling the conference. As to Dr. Burtsev I find it very. Tasteless that Dr Meldrun would even consider questioning his conclusion given the extreme knowledge and professionalism he exhibits toward the forest people. This is a man who devoted his entire life to them and knows more about them then any of us would ever hope to know.
    As for him being at my home. I consider it a honor that he was there and value his opions. I am grateful he was able to witness himself the things going on at my home. The idea that he would ever make claims that weren’t true is absurd. I hope Dr meldrum has an opportunity to see these creatures himself so he can learn a few things.

• idoubtit
      October 25, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Oh, my.

First. It’s very nice that Robin Lynne and Igor Burtsev have commented on this post. But, I respectfully disagree with their assertions.

Dr. Meldrum was expecting a scientific protocol and standards and that is not at all what he described to us at the conference. All serious scientists would have reacted the same.

Ms. Lynne and Mr. Burtsev, it is VERY easy to provide some evidence, there are those who would help with the documentation, I’m sure.

If your claims are indeed true, I am sorry but you will not get the recognition you seek until you provide something beyond stories and the weak evidence that has so far been presented. The world awaits.

8. robin lynne
    October 25, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I hope that such childish behavior is finally over,as such bullies are on the elementry playground . How sad. Its time to grow up

• October 26, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Your response to advice on how to more compellingly present your case is “How sad. Its time to grow up”????

• robin lynne
        October 26, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Of course not that was merely my opinion. We need to watch and learn about them study document continue gathering DNA while at the same time protecting them. Photograph what they do and continue to try and learn. The government in Russia is trying to start and institute to do these things and my hope is that the U.S. will do the same and acknowledge them. These are not animals they are more of a type of human. With so many people in this country wanting to know about them and having contact with them we need to start our own government program to learn and protect them as well as learn how to live with them

9. Sanjay R Singhal, RA
    October 25, 2011 at 7:14 PM

I have been to Robin Pfeifer’s home, as her guest, and, more specifically, as an eyewitness to the extraordinary situation in which she & her family have found themselves.
    I have seen the bigfoots who live on her property, in person, on several different occasions, and at different times of the day.
    Robin Pfeifer is neither delusional nor misguided.
    She is a vibrant, intelligent woman doing her best, in very unusual circumstances, to respond to and interact with, a resident population of bigfoot, quite literally at her doorstep.

10. October 25, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Mr. Burtsev; did you photograph or cast any of these footprints? Are any photographs available on the internet? Did you photograph the textures you interpret as dermal ridges?

• October 26, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Yes, I photographed it very accurately. Unfortunatly Ihad no plaster at that time, it was just an excursion. But so many evidences appeared unexpectedly! I was surprised myself. I was there three times before, but hadn’t met so many – footprints, 3 arch structures, one teepee-like shelter, one shelter under the fallen big tree, several tree tops broken…
      And all these Dr. Meldrum haughtily “debunked” as hoaxed!

11. Mister Earl
    October 25, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Meldrum is scientific in his investigations in the same way my Dodge Stratus is a tactical nuclear submarine. No _scientist_ would investigate with a predetermined outcome like Meldrum does. “I believe bigfoot are real. What evidence can I “find” to support that?” Science does not work that way.

12. October 25, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Ms. Lynn, if you can consistently see bigfoot on your property, why don’t you make world history by proving it? I’m serious. That is a find that is worth a lot of money, and incalculably valuable to science. What’s your reason for not proving they’re there?

• robin lynne
      October 25, 2011 at 9:53 PM

The reason why I am working with Dr. Burtsev and Sanjay Singhall is so we can prove their existance. I don’t want any money from this. I would like to however prove what I and other reseachers have seen at my home. All cast footprints photos etc are being given immediately to Dr. Burtsev. I am co-operating fully with him. I ,as everyone else wants all this to be proven. Anything I can do to help I will do. This is why after W years I have come forward and went to the conference

• October 26, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Yeah but – to be blunt – if you have the animals(?) on your property in the US why do you need Russians to help you document it? I mean you’ve got millions of interested people who want to document Bigfoot – right here in the USA? And why don’t you want any money? This is all very confusing. If the creature is coming around regularly why can’t it be captured, tagged and released? That works for virtually every other large mammal on Earth.

13. robin lynne
    October 26, 2011 at 11:07 AM

First of all please let me address the money issue. There are more important things of value other than money. The information we can learn about them is priceless. If I were to use them for money I would be doing a great unjustice to them. There is no amount of money worth this. These are more himan than animal and cannot be treated like any other animal in the woods. I didn’t start doing this for money or glory only to learn more about them for myself. As to why go to russia? Alagain to learn more about them as well as help in proving these exist. The insitute will only help the forest people and if it is started in russia then hopefully the U.S will follow in the investigations. We have to find ways to learn about them. Tagging them like a common animal will not work they are to close to humans. I will always co-operate with researchers and scientis to help as I can. We need detailed reports and evidence picts dna to be able to prove these things and that is what I aam trying to do . All of these things will be giving directly to Dr. Burstev and when enough evidence is gathered it will be made public. I have had other reserchers out and they have verified what is going on but until we have enough proof all will not be released. Some photos of things they have done and footprints have been sent out already. The few pics of them are not clear and not worth putting in the media. The right professionals have all my info and are handling it accordingly. Dr. Burtsev is the top in his feild and I trust him as well as the other researchers I work with completley.

14. snoma
    October 26, 2011 at 11:15 AM

You know, Robin, you don’t have to keep the money you’d get from it. Give it to charity or just don’t charge money for the pictures/videos at all.

I agree with Dunning in regards to your reaction about idoubtit’s advice.
    Your response about how you wish such childish behavior and calling idoubtit a bully, is to an immature and childish response to her objective criticism and advice to you and other Bigfoot believers.

If Bigfoot/Sasquatch frequent your property it shoudln’t be hard for you to provide better evidence than just anecdotes about it.

• robin lynne
      October 26, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I have provided plenty of evidence to the right people that will benifit the forest people. It is more important that they have my findings to use as is necessary. I simply want to make sure that the information gathered is used in the matter it was intended. To help in the research for them. That is why I did not come forward with all of this before. I believe and still do that the conference was the right place to do this as it is important and will help learn about them. Just putting things out in the media isn’t helping the forest people it has to go to the right professionals. This is what I’m tying to do. I care very deeply about these creatures they want to just live there life and I won’t put them in a situation to be harmed for the media. Again the professionals working on this will come forward when the time is right. Just because we don’t feel it is now doesn’t mean things aren’t being done. But as critical as the media is it is important for everything to be in order

• October 26, 2011 at 11:40 AM

When do you anticipate the evidence for these creatures to be released to the scientific community for evaluation? Without DNA evidence this is never going to be accepted. Science isn’t settled via press releases, so I’m looking for those peer-reviewed articles and evidence to come out. When should I expect that?

15. Sanjay R Singhal, RA
    October 26, 2011 at 11:48 AM

I should like to add a few clarifications:
    1. Robin Pfeifer’s comment regarding childish behaviour was addressed to Jeff Meldrum, not to anyone else.
    2. The researchers that are working with Robin Pfeifer are cataloguing, sorting and recording the evidence which Mrs Pfeifer has provided them. There is a great deal of it, so much, in fact, that it is taking a great deal of time to accurately and fully accommodate same. I myself have documented over one hundred stick structures, numerous footprints and eyewitness sightings on the Pfeifer property.
    3. It is our hope, and our intent, to submit our findings for peer review sometime in the late spring/early summer.

• idoubtit
      October 26, 2011 at 11:56 AM

I’m sorry. How does experience as a registered architect fit in? In other words, what are the qualifications of any researchers involved here.

Frankly, if there were some videos or photographs, you would attract the attention of at least some local wildlife biologists or the game commission. I’m totally at a loss to see how this research has any credibility. Is there local support? Corroborating evidence or witnesses? An effort to bring in even amateur Bigfoot groups, even? I see absolutely nothing. What information is here that I should be impressed by?

• Sanjay R Singhal, RA
        October 26, 2011 at 12:08 PM

As a registered architect, I am mapping the property and the stick structures, measuring them, recording them and putting accurate diagrams on paper, so that they can be presented as evidence. This is also helpful in establishing patterns of building, possible migration/travel routes through the property, feeding locations, etc.
        Photographs will be released with our findings for peer review; ditto video.
        Wildlife biologists have been contacted for further corroboration.
        Corroborative witness statements have been recorded.

• idoubtit
          October 26, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Ok. But as mentioned, a cart before horse thing going on here.

But what I see here is a fundamental misunderstanding of a scientific process – the process that humans have established as the most reliable way of knowing about nature. A scientific process is not occurring if you account for your data by proposing a new creature that we have not determined even exists!

You must understand what you are asking the world to accept and why we ask for more than you have provided. The evidence has to be just as impressive as the huge claim you have made.

• October 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM

If you don’t have info, it does not mean that it is absent. But nobody from professional zoologists interested in this, just haughty rejects it. And in this very story JM was not on place, but rejects with prejudice, that about Robin told.
        As to qualification, you can be sure that the person who studied the subject for more than forty years has a high qualification regardless of scientific degree. Though by the way, I’ve PhD (History).
        As to the Siberia story, the governmental authorities there paid attention and funding to the event, and now this “professional” as JM accuses them in fabricating the evidences.

16. October 26, 2011 at 11:49 AM

“However, in observing the crowd at this event for amateur enthusiasts, the polished presentation of Dr. Meldrum possibly missed the mark on one point I believe he was trying to make. He prefers this subject left to the hands of people with qualifications and training and not to the purveyors of the paranormal and exploiters of tales without evidence. Dr. Meldrum, however, appears to have succeeded in being diplomatic.”
    Who could refused of this? All what I did for 46 years was to attract attention of official science to this problem, as well as our late Prof. Dr. Boris Porshnev did. But no results! The academicians just refused haughtily, as well as they do it now!
    That is why enthusiastic people mostly without special education are involved into process…

• idoubtit
      October 26, 2011 at 11:58 AM

There are perfectly justifiable reasons why the academicians disregard these topics. One of which is, after 50 years of looking, by many dedicated qualified people, they have found nothing.

17. Sanjay R Singhal, RA
    October 26, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I should also like to add the following statement: Someone has queried why no American scientists were contacted to assist Mrs Pfeifer with documentation & research on her property. Dr Bourtsev was the first, and only, scientist who has responded to Mrs Pfeifer’s request for assistance, and personally visited her, at her property, to begin to record & document the activities thereon. Were it not for his support and guidance, Mrs Pfeifer would, no doubt, have never come forward with her accounting of her interactions with the bigfoots on her property.

18. October 26, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Dr. Burtsev, What do you attribute the stick structures and teepees to? I mean the thing has a cave that it is using for shelter. Why the need for stick tents?

Mr. Singhal, Wouldn’t the mapping of stick structures naturally follow AFTER the existence of the creatures has been verified, and we can say that the stick structures are definitely attributed to them?

Ms. Lynne, Would you be interested in having a critical inquiry made into the occurrences on your property? I can assure you that all scientific protocols would be taken, and an unbiased conclusion reached. We would simply need access to your evidence and property, and perhaps a guided tour to the location of the beasts. You can contact IdoubtIt at this website if you are interested in setting this up. Stick structures and footprints are fun to look at, but I would be targeting actual confirmatory evidence of the creatures’ existence.

19. October 26, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Ms. Lynne, additionally, are any neighbors informed as to the activity on your property? Have you warned them and their children of the existence of Large wild creatures living on your property? I would assume that you have done so.

20. October 28, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Note please by the way: defenders of sasquatch existence open their names, we don’t have anything to conceal anything about ourselves, but “debunkers” are anonimous. It tells itself about their honesty.

21. Igor Ignatov
    November 2, 2011 at 7:02 AM

Oh, what a sad story! I am glad I did not go to the conference and happily avoided all the ambiguity associated with it. As for the subject in general, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. The scientific protocol is needed but academic narcissism should be avoided. It’s the narcissism of the local academic cadres that prevents many people in North America to take step forward and makes them end up having “Russians on the property”. Being a professional biogeographer/ecologist with Ph.D. and specialization in North American terrestrial ecosystems, I myself would not mind to find myself on Ms. Robin Lynne’s property and assess the situation in situ – the nature of the habitat, evidence of certain wildlife being present, etc. Dr. Meldrum, no matter how brilliant he is, does not ask for this favor, so he does come, so he probably does not see the evidence, if any, so he does not… etc. On the other hand, I’ve never had any doubt that the (in)famous and allegedly “remote” “Snowman Cave” in the Kuzbass Region is just a stage for some rather poor play. I think it was quite obvious from the very beginning. It does not mean it has been never rented by the local Sasquatchery, it just means that it is now successfully rented by journalists, reporters, and politicians. Those folks who had been advertising this cave for years have finally succeeded – it’s a glamorous place now! Do they have pictures taken of the marrying couples in front of it or they still don’t? Well, maybe Obama will visit it or whoever will come after him… Or maybe Putin will arrive and kiss those sacred stones… Certainly, it was a great help for hominology to find such a glamorous place and make it known worldwide… But here again, the fact that this – indeed beautiful – setting was conceptually trashed in such “smart” way by those “wise” people does not mean that the whole region is a joke. There were sightings in Kuzbass but they took place in truly remote areas which will never be visited by all those celebrities and thus, fortunately, have very low potential for glamorization… So the truth, as always, in the middle – don’t throw out the hairy child along with the dirty bath…

22. Igor Ignatov
    November 2, 2011 at 7:14 AM

Oh, by the way, I am not hiding my face – I just don’t have any photo of mine at hand…

23. November 19, 2011 at 7:54 AM

SIBERIAN TAIGA RESPONSE TO SKEPTICS

As Kemerovo region officials reported, a scientific conference featuring a boxing legend, Nikolai Valuev, and U.S. Bigfoot believers held in beginning of October, 2011 in that region of Russia, has claimed that it found “95 percent evidence” for the existence of a Yeti-like hominoid in southern Siberia.
    But the opposition politicians ridiculed the findings as pure pre-election publicity for United Russia. On another hand, all this might attract so far is tourism, said the scientific opponents.

Into such political and “anti-advertising” games also Jeff Meldrum had been drawn in. Being a participant of the conference, he visited together with others, the Azass cave.

During the trip to the cave, he worried that the footprints they found seemed to be stamped too perfectly. He mentioned there evasively:
    “I’d like to see progress, but some of this makes me suspicious.”

Having returned into the US, he said more definitely, as on the Cryptomundo site:

“The conference aspect of this enterprise has been a reasonably productive effort overall — illuminating at the very least.”
    But – “The ‘expedition’ which was supposed to be nothing more than a field trip to visit some sites and get a feel for the surroundings, turned out to be something quite different in the minds of the organizers, placing the invitees in a rather awkward and uncomfortable position.”

And later on, speaking at the Pennsylvania Conference on October 23, he became much more decisive.
    Following are the quotations from that info.
    “… Dr. Meldrum was a featured speaker at the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Conference in Youngwood, PA on Sunday, October 23. His conclusion: the yeti evidence was poor and he and other researchers were brought to Russia to add credibility to the local claim that yetis live in the area.”
    ( I should note by the way, that it was only Jeff’s opinion, not of the other NA participants.)
    “Dr. Meldrum expressed that he felt the conference was “orchestrated” with “publicity stunts” to promote tourism for the region. He was dismayed and perhaps a bit angry that the Russian group “exploited his credibility” for their means.”
    “The print had uncharacteristic pressure ridges that Meldrum described as consistent with that made from a rigid wooden imprint.”
    (By the way again, the dermal ridges on the ball had been imprinted of the best footprint, and you could see them on the photo, presented on our official site. Thus they could not be made with a wooden stamp. – I.B.)
    “After the excursion, the scientists convened to discuss what they had seen. The group was pressed by the locals to sign a consensus statement saying that what they saw constituted evidence that the Yeti exists in the region. Meldrum said that Valentin Sapunov, a literature professor from St Petersburg, was the one who drafted the “95% certain” language. Meldrum refused to sign noting that science doesn’t work by committee. Yet, the statement was given to press outlets and went viral.”
    (Nobody pressed the group to sign a consensus statement. All what the participants signed, were the thankfulness to the Governor for arranging such a conference. And Dr. Sapunov is a professor of biology, not literature. He is a member of the New York Academy of Sciences and European Geosciences Union. And no Statement was given to press, it was just an opinion of Dr. Sapunov, taken up by journalists attended the conference. – I.B. )
    And just in less than a month after the Conference the Siberian taiga answered to both the politicians’ and other suspicious scientific skeptics’ accusations. See following.

On November 6 a resident of the Tashtagol city Yuri Koungoushev with his wife and two daughters arrived for the weekend to their summer cabin in the forest not far from the city. They noticed big footprints in the snow which crossed the yard and went up a steep slope through the bushes. The family were surprised and scared by the size of the strides that were close to 4,5 – 5 feet. In some footprints they could see imprints of toes. The footprints crossed also a 14 feet wide creek, not having broken the thin ice on its surface, i.e. the creature just jumped over that fairly wide creek.
    The stride up the slope became shorter, about three feet, but still too long for a human walking up that slope.
    Yuri took shots with his film camera and made video-clip of the event. The family didn’t stay at the house for the night for fear of the creature, they returned to the city and informed the local newspaper about their findings.
    On the next day the photo-reporter Kirill Sazanov with other collegues came to the spot and was convinced that those were real tracks of a huge biped. He also took several photos of the footprints, but fresh fallen snow made them not so visible. Anyway, the newsmen were very excited with what they saw and published an article about it which the local people sent over to me.
    I connected later with Kirill, and he has sent me the video and photos of the findings.
    hus it looks that the Snowman decided to show to the skeptics that he really exists in Highland Shoria, and was not made up by the authorities for their electoral purposes, and not deceiving the international public. Of course, the authorities showed their wisdom and flexibility and attracted this phenomenon for the good of their population, which is worthy of praise.
    And at the same time their attitude objectively contributes to progress in the study of these mysterious bipeds. For this the researchers-hominologists are very grateful to them.

Dr. Igor Burtsev,
    Director,
    International Center of Hominology

(You can see photos by Yuri Koungoushev, as well as the photos from the Kemerovo expedition, on our site

24. I_doubt_it_too
    November 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM

we are in 2011, with all the technology that exists today , including infra red cameras and wireless technology, no one has been able to record big foot on the lady’s property ?

Today real scientists are tracking and vide recording wild animals, domestic animals , even animals in the deep seas and in the amazon forests and other more difficult areas and yet those helping the lady, cannot record those bigfoot frequent appearances in the usa ?

am I missing something here ? or are they smoking something ?

if bigfoot shows up so frequently on the lady’s property, even schoolkids today would be able to setup some remote controlled web cams on the lady’s property to record any bigfoot if they do exist, and yet so called experts helping the lady, cannot show any conclusive evidence.

25. not even wrong
    November 22, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Robin,

You say you want to protect these animals yet you feed them blueberry muffins and give them water? Anyone with a basic understanding of wild animals will tell you that is a huge mistake and teaching them to be dependent on humans. Also, did I read that right that your property is 10 acres and you have a breeding population (or more than 1) on this property?

26. drphilt
    November 27, 2011 at 1:47 PM

I think it would be fantastic if someone provided conclusive evidence of Bigfoot’s existence, but I have to side with idoubtit. Skepticism is warranted here. In the world of science, a person making a claim bears the burden of proof. This is an extraordinary claim and we can’t simply take one’s word for it; clear evidence must be provided for review by others. That’s how we move the ball forward. I’m certain Dr. Meldrum would take strong interest in Ms. Lynne’s claims if she provided clear and credible photographic/video and physical evidence, which shouldn’t be difficult to gather since she frequently sees bigfoots on her property. Get a high-resolution camera, Ms. Lynne, and show us what you see. I, for one, would give it a fair appraisal.

Living in Washington State, I know 2 families that claim bigfoot sightings. As such, I think it’s existence is a distinct possibility. But based on evidence to date, I don’t think we can yet conclude its existence is probable. Dr. Meldrum has invested a great deal of his career researching bigfoot and I appreciate his cautious, investigative approach when evaluating bigfoot claims.